Welcome to St Therese!
Thank you for visiting our class page! The main classroom teacher in Year 4 is Miss Collier, who is supported by two teaching assistants: Mrs Hawley and Mrs Meredith. All the members of staff are here to help your child learn and develop in a happy, safe environment. This page will be frequently updated to show the great work and opportunities the children have participated in so far.
PE in Year 4
St Therese has PE twice a week on Tuesday mornings at 9am and Friday mornings at 11am. The children are expected to arrive at school in a full PE kit with their school uniform in a bag to change into after their session. In Autumn 1, Spring 1 and Summer 1, the Tuesday morning session will be led by a Leeds Rhino coach and the Friday session will be led by Mr Oldfield. In Autumn 2, Spring 2 and Summer 2, the Tuesday morning session will be led by Miss Collier and the Friday session will be led by Mr Oldfield.
Currently, we are in Autumn 2. Miss Collier is preparing the children with skipping skills for the competition later in the year and Mr Oldfield is teaching the children gymnastics.
Every little bit of support you provide the children at home is greatly appreciated and contributes to your child's development. In Year 4, the children are learning at a greater pace and the homework will reflect their current learning. Please be flexible with any homework that is not handed out on the named day but the deadline will not change unless highlighted on the work.
- Spelling homework will be handed out every Monday and expected on a Friday.
- Maths homework will be handed out every Friday and expected on a Wednesday.
- In Year 4, we expect at least 30 minutes of TimesTable Rockstars a week.
- Extra learning time can be completed at home using Mathletics and Spellodrome.
What have we been learning?
This term our topic is called 'Melting with Mayans'.
The children have already been enjoying a range of activities and have much more to come, including:
- Mayan mask making.
- Myth writing using 'The Chocolate Tree' book.
- A visit to York Chocolate Story.
- Understanding melting and solidifying.
- Researching, planning, making and evaluating Fajitas.
- Writing instructions for Chocolate Rice Crispy Buns.
- Understanding climates.
- Recognising living things and habitats.
- Creating a diary entry as an explorer.
- And much more..
RE in St Therese
In Autumn, Year 4 have been learning about the Bible and Trust in God. Children take part in a creative activity and reflective activity every week to aid their religious understanding. All the children have been contributing effectively to collective worships in class. The children are great representatives of the Catholic ethos in our school.
Friday 16th November - Dress down day (bottle donation)
Friday 23rd November - Dress down day (chocolate donation)
Saturday 24th November - Christmas Fayre
Thursday 13th December - School disco
Friday 14th December - Panto