Welcome to St Therese!
Thank you for visiting our class page! The main classroom teacher in Year 4 is Miss Collier, who is supported by two teaching assistants: Mrs Hawley and Mrs Meredith. On a Tuesday and Wednesday, Miss Doherty is now in Year 4. All the members of staff are here to help your child learn and develop in a happy, safe environment. This page will be frequently updated to show the great work and opportunities the children have participated in so far.
PE in Year 4
St Therese has PE twice a week on Tuesday mornings at 10.45am and Friday afternoons at 2.15pm. The children are expected to arrive at school in a full PE kit with their school uniform in a bag to change into after their session on a Tuesday, however the opposite way round for Friday. During Summer 2, the Tuesday morning session will be led by Miss Doherty and the Friday session will be led by Miss Collier.
Every little bit of support you provide the children at home is greatly appreciated and contributes to your child's development. In Year 4, the children are learning at a greater pace and the homework will reflect their current learning. Please be flexible with any homework that is not handed out on the named day but the deadline will not change unless highlighted on the work.
- Spelling homework: children will be provided with the Year 3/4 Spelling List at the beginning of the half term and tested weekly on a random selection of 20 words.
- Maths homework will be handed out every Thursday/Friday and expected on a Wednesday.
- SPAG homework will be handed out every Thursday/Friday and expected on a Wednesday.
- In Year 4, we expect at least 30 minutes of TimesTable Rockstars a week.
- Extra learning time can be completed at home using Mathletics and Spellodrome.
What have we been learning?
This term our topic is called 'Lights, Camera, Action'.
During this topic, the children will be learning all about Light, Electricity and Sound through both their topic and literacy lessons.
RE in St Therese
In Summer, Year 4 are exploring their RE understanding with Miss Doherty. Children take part in a creative activity and reflective activity every week to aid their religious understanding. All the children have been contributing effectively to collective worships in class. The children are great representatives of the Catholic ethos in our school.