The number of sporting events that we are accessing at St Joseph's is increasing all the time. This is allowing more and more children to represent the school, often in sports that they have very little experience of playing.
The overall aim in to introduce a wide range of children to new sports so they will be inspired to take them up outside of school in local clubs.
It would be fantastic if we could get the all of Upper KS2 and the majority of Lower KS2 representing the school throughout the year.
So far this year we have had ;
- Year 5 & 6 girls playing a 6 a side football competition.
- Sports Hall Athletics for 20 children from Year 5 & 6.
- A tennis event for Year 3 - 5 children which will lead to a qualifying event later in the year.
- Mixed tag rugby for Year 5 & 6, again leading to qualifying events later in the year.
- A Year 4 football match against Castleton Primary, the first time these boys have played a match together!
- A cross cluster Year 5 & 6 football competition against other local schools in the area.
Alongside these events, there is also a football team that is open to Year 5 & 6 children. This team is involved in a very competitive league against teams in our local area but then extends city wide to over 80 teams if we manage to progress.
So far this season we have won 2 games and lost 1 with many more games now arranged for the Spring 2 half term.
Upcoming events for Spring 2
March 1st - Football league match vs Holy Family (a)
March 7th - Mini Tennis qualifier for Year 3-5 children.
March 9th - Tritons & Mini mermaids run.
March 14th - Tag rugby qualifier.
March 26th - 7 a side football event for Year 5 & 6.
March 28th - Football league match vs Lawns Park (h) TBC
There are lots more events planned for the rest of the school year...........please check back soon for full listings.